Château de Bournel
Location: Cubry, in the Doubs departement of France (Franche-Comté Region).
Built: 19th century.
Condition: In good condition.
Ownership / Access: Private property.
ISMH Reference Number: PA00101635
Notes: Château de Bournel is a 80-hectare estate with a castle of the eighteenth century, a castle in the second half of the nineteenth century and an 18 hole golf course in Cubry in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté.The area is owned by the family of the Marquis de Moustier (Mouthier-Haute-Pierre) for over 5 centuries. In 1732, Philippe-Xavier Marquis de Moustier (first marquis by letters patent from 1741), regimental colonel of the Grand Dauphin Louis of France married Louise de Bournel which gives its name to the field. 1735, Louise de Bournel decided to build a new castle on Cubry, but after the completion of a set of important buildings, now called "Old Castle", the project of real castle was abandoned. Around 1860, the Marquis de Moustier Léonel (Ve Marquis, diplomat, ambassador to Berlin, Vienna, Constantinople and Foreign Minister of Napoleon III) built a modern Gothic castle on the field, by the architect Clément Parent (student of Eugène Viollet-le-Duc). Pierre-René Marquis de Moustier (sixth Marquess, son of the preceding) finished interior decoration, built the chapel inspired by the Château d'Amboise, drew the French gardens and plant the English park. He also transform and expand the "Old Castle" between 1890 and 1910 to give it its present appearance.
How To Get To Château de Bournel (Map):
Château de Bournel Links:
Have You Visited This Château? Please Comment Below: